If you’re reading this, you received your Dato DUO dev kit. Congrats! We’ll be updating this guide this week for a more graphic version.
- Plug in the micro USB cable for power
- Press the big button in the middle of the sequencer to start the sequence
The mini jack next to the USB connector is the headphone/line out jack. The other two jacks are used for sync.
The rightmost potentiometer on the synth side can be used as a volume control.
known hardware issues
- No graphics on the face plate
- Sync in does not work and will not work in this revision
- Digital noise comes out of the speaker
- The envelopes can be clicky at times
DUO arrived today! The box construction was odd, with spaces that could easily let water, etc. in. I suggest a less “gappy” box for future shipments. I ordered an SWD for programming it; I missed the part that said you would provide it. So… I guess I don’t need two! That will arrive in a few days, then I’ll follow the process. For a first version/prototype, this instrument is beautiful. I’m excited to get into it. I’ll have my 8-year-old and his (same age) friend try it out, too, and try to take some video.
4 posts were split to a new topic: Dev Kit feedback/issues